Thursday, July 26, 2012

Birthday Fun





I've seen some really cute birthday balloons on pixie sticks for classroom birthdays and wanted to try a non-food version. A complete set of 35 cost about $3.00. Here's what I did:
1. Make a star in Word and insert text "Happy Birthday - No Homework Tonight!"
2. Copy on scrapbook paper. I found some cute cupcake paper at Michaels.
3. Cut out stars
4. Staple two together
5. Insert glow stick carefully between two stapled together stars.
6. Keep in a tall vase to prevent glow sticks from snapping.

Variation: use birthday pencils

3 comments:

  1. LeAnn, these are adorable!!! I love that you used glow sticks! And the paper is adorable!!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly, I made several years worth at a time since the glow sticks don't go bad and I can always get them at Target or Michaels so I have the stars already made up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ideas are SO helpful! So glad I got to see this all first hand. :)

    ReplyDelete