Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hi Everyone! I am so excited to unveil my new children's book MISS SPELLIN' HELEN on Amazon.com. Geared toward the upper elementary/middle grade set, Helen is a funny 5th grader with a big talent for trouble and no talent at all for spelling. It is available in both print version and eBook. 

This is a great choice for reading circles or reading aloud to the class. There are reading group questions at the end of the book, and I am working on getting it into the Accelerated Reader system soon.  

I wrote this book because my daughter had difficulty with spelling but was a very bright child. She had a hard time at school and it impacted her self-confidence. Although this is a work of fiction, many readers identify with Helen and her struggles. I am thrilled to report that my daughter is now an Honors student in high school...who still relies on Spell Check! 

No comments:

Post a Comment